Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hello Color!

I’m in a good mood today and felt like writing.  I don’t really have anything on my ‘to do’ list tonight, except for some personal plans, and I’m currently keeping those, well personal.  So I thought this would be a good time to back track and share a little more about my January.

I have dubbed the year 2011 as the *Year of Me*.  This is my year to make the changes in my life that are much needed. 

Some of my personal goals for the year are:

To finish losing weight, and keep it off
Decluttering and organizing my house (and life)
Set up daily/weekly routines so that I can keep my house clean and organized
Spend less and save more

Forty seven days into the year and I already feel better than I have in a long time.  While I haven’t really focused in on the weight loss aspects yet, I have been working on others.  I feel like this year, will be a good year for me.  I’m going to do what I can to make it that way.

It is amazing how life changes and things sometimes move very fast.  On the 6th of January I was told that I needed to have at least a part of my house ready to put down new floors.  When were they going to start on the floors?  The 10th!  Nothing like a deadline to get you jump started huh?  But I know from past experiences that I do work better with a deadline, as I tend to get more done right then and there.  Since the first of January my attention has been focused on my house, which it needed to be, so that is a bonus.

During the floor removal I decided to paint the two bedrooms.  I’ve been ready for a change in my bedroom, so I decided to go all out by replacing the bedding and curtains and paint while I was at it.  After some thought I decided to go bold, and bold I went.  The paint color I choose for my bedroom was Really Red.  And yes, it really is red.  I love it, though those around me just kind of shake their head or talk about it’s glowing properties.



The room is far from done since I still need to paint the furniture and put it all back together.  I’m excited about it, especially when I start thinking about decorating ideas.  I want to attempt some art work for one wall, and I do mean attempt so I’m not an artist.  And I already bought a vase and flowers to go in the corner.



It is one of my works in progress.  Another work in progress would be the other bedroom.  For my extra bedroom I decided on Fun Yellow.  I’m happy with this color choice as well, and am accenting it with blues.  The furniture has been moved back into the room, which is more than I can say about my bedroom.  I do have plans to pull the bench back out and paint it a blue to match the curtains I bought, plus I need to hang some decorations as well as find some other ones. 


The previous theme in the room was a sea/beach/water theme and I went a little over board with it.  I found a bunch of different cute things I bought over a period of time then realized it was probably too much and didn’t exactly match together.  Since it was all already bought I used them anyway.  When I started cleaning the room out I had no problem getting rid of some things, but other things, like the shells, I had I wanted to keep and find another use for.  I’m working on editing my ideas and staying more simplistic.  Instead of having 10 small random bowls of shells I decided I would condense it down.  This is what I came up with.



I’m working on some ideas for both bedrooms to utilize things I have in other rooms that do not match those rooms any more.  As I said in the post about the craft chest, I’m not a big think outside the box kind of person.  It actually feels a little funny to me to paint something that is perfectly fine as is.  But I am going to work past those feeling and just do it, because I’d rather paint and reuse items I like, but don’t necessarily fit into the new rooms.  I know in the end I will probably love it more, and it saves me money from having to go out and buy all new decorations.

It is amazing to think back on the last 6 weeks to see how much I have accomplished in that short span of time.  I still have many projects, both big and small on my every growing ‘to do’ list, but it feels good to know that I have checked several things off already.

I am a firm believer that it isn’t only the before and after that matters, but the journey it takes to get you there.  I am very much looking forward to my journey this year, and am excited to see what it has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment