Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh how I wish...

I wish I had the ability to just think up something and make it come to life.  Instead I end up looking up ideas then playing with them to figure out something I can do or that works for what I want. 

An example is me looking up a scroll pattern so I can finish one of the bathroom art projects.  It isn’t like a swirly scroll should be all that hard to draw, but the idea of free handing it scares me!  What if it looks bad when I do it? 

The bathroom art projects as a whole are also another example of seeing something online and using that idea. 

I wish I could make myself do things more randomly and not in patterns or symmetrically.  Visually I *love* the look of random things, like odds and ends placed helter skelter on a shelf, but when I go to putting things on the shelf they are always in groups of two or threes or end up symmetrical or something like that.

I think I’d love a distressed finish on my coffee table, but I don’t think I would be able to do it because I afraid I’ll get wrapped up in symmetry and trying to make it all ‘match’.

I wish every now and then, that my brain worked differently, and that I could be completely creative like others are.  I just don’t know how to get it to switch gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment