My main focus this weekend was painting the Dining Room. Only problem was that while I was focused on that room, I totally let my daily items I had been working on slide. I’m not going to let it get to me though, since I know I’ll get back on track.
Not to mention that this weekend I did:
- Worked once again on priming the paneling. Was running out of primer so I did the top two thirds of the room. (Friday)
- Went to the paint store to buy more primer, went to the lumber store to pick out chair railing, and went to get my brother’s breakfast (Saturday)
- Started from the beginning on priming the wall my brother had to replace the paneling on. (Saturday.) I also primed the bottom half of the room.
- Cut in and painted the two coats of my top color. (Saturday)
- Marked and taped off where the chair railing would be going. Taped off the baseboard. (Sunday)
- Painted two coats of white on the chair railing molding. (Sunday)
- Painted two coats of primer and a coat of white on the trim for the door way. (Sunday)
- Painted two coat of white on the crown molding. (Sunday)
- Cut in and painted the two coats of my bottom color. (Sunday)
- Spent at least 45 minutes cussing while trying to remove the tape from the baseboards. Ended up having to go around with a knife before I could pull the tape and still had to make a dozen repairs. (Sunday night at about 12:30 am)
- I also washed my sheets and blankets and was putting them back on the bed at so I could fall into bed and get some sleep.
The paint dried at a snail’s pace this weekend, and I think that was part of the issue with the baseboard tape, since the tape I put down for the crown molding worked perfect. Oh and the top section of the bottom coat that I taped off, that would be hidden under the chair railing? It came off perfectly. Go figure!
For some reason in my head I keep thinking that I only have a few things to do and the room will be done. When I start laying it all out though, those few things seem to really add up.
- Paint the trim and baseboards.
- Put a quick coat of paint on the chair railing after my brother installs it for me. Hoping he caulks it too.
- Decide which color I am painting the ledge between the kitchen and dining room.
- Pull up the cardboard and tape from the floor.
- Sweep the floor.
- Beg the guys to move the furniture into the room for me.
- Decide how many leafs I want to put in the table and where I will store them if I don’t.
- Put the dishes in the china cabinet and decide what will go in the curio.
- Hang the mirror.
- Wait for Momma to sew the curtains and valance. Then recover the chair cushions.
- Figure out what decorations will be going in the room. Guess it is time to start looking for ideas there.
I’ll be totally happy if I can get 1-9 of those done by this time next week. Nine and ten will come in time, and I’m okay with that.
I also need to make my menu plan, decide if I am going to the grocery store this week, catch up on dishes plus other daily/weekly items, and wash clothes.
Right now the list seems never ending...